Saturday, August 15, 2009

Nova Scotia (tl;dr)

This post is about the stuff I did in Nova Scotia. I got in on Friday, at about 5:30 so about an hour late. Then I got my bag from the carousel, and looked around for someone I knew. Helen wasn’t there right away, because the train was an hour late and she didn’t feel like hanging around for me. So then I went to a bench, took out my computer, and I looked up her number, and I was going to call her, and be like “hey, where are you?” and then when I got to the pay phone it wanted me to pay like $4 to call her so I was like “no”. Then I tried putting in the area code before the number, and I was about to put the coins in, when I saw Helen walking in, so I held on to my quarters, and I was like “Helen!” then she led me back to the car, where I met her dad, Ron. Helen also made me go across the grass with my big heavy bag :/ When we got to her house, Quinn was there. I said “hi Quinn” and he said “hey,” That’s about all that went on in that encounter. Then I put all my stuff upstairs in the guest room, and then some of Helen’s friends showed up because she’d invited them. I met Charlotte, Ethan, Sara V, and some others. The next day Quinn and Helen gave me a tour of Mahone Bay. It was pretty cool. We went to the marina and met Pat and Drew, Helen’s co-workers. After that we got Ice cream, and we went to the Kayak shop and met Natasha. She said we couldn’t go kayaking because it was too windy. Then we went to the Information Centre and met Morgan. She gave us some pamphlets about stuff to do, but we didn’t end up doing any of it :P That night, we went to Risser’s Beach, which is apparently the warmest, but it was QUITE COLD. I went swimming anyways. It wasn’t the coldest I’ve swam in, but it was pretty cold. At the beach, we met Haley, Katrin, Rebecca, Kyle, Ceilagh, and Alex. They’re all pretty cool. Then, Sunday, Quinn, Helen, and I went in to Lunenburg to see stuff. (Quinn lives in Lunenburg.) We walked around and then we went on a horse drawn tour, with Charlotte as our guide. It was pretty cool, I learned a lot. After that, Quinn had to go to work, so Helen and I walked around, then we got Ceilagh to meet us and we wandered around the town, then we saw the graveyard. After that we went and sat in Ceilagh’s house until Helen’s mom, Fran picked us up. (Helen and Quinn are probably the only two people in the world who can’t drive. Like not at all. D:)
Monday we went in to the Marina to work some, because Helen has to work :P It was alright, Pat was there, but because the festival is over, Helen basically sits there and gets paid. That night it was pretty nice, we went into Lunenburg again to see the Bluenose, but it wasn’t there. Instead we went fishing off the end of the wharf, and I caught a fish! It was a mackerel, pretty small too, but I caught one! I threw it back in the water. Also we caught some seaweed. We also ate supper at Fran’s pub, which was really nice. It’s called Mader’s Wharf, and I’d suggest you eat there if you ever go to Mahone Bay :D
Tuesday, we went to Hirtle’s Beach. It was foggy, actually it was foggy on Monday night, and then foggy all Tuesday. In the morning we went on the Bluenose. I got to go on the Bluenose!! It was so foggy we couldn’t see past the end of the boat though. After the Bluenose, we went to the Museum where Rebecca works, and we got a tour of the Knaut Rutland house. It was cool. Then we went into work for the afternoon, and Drew was there. He let Helen drive the boat. Helen’s good at driving boats. Hirtle’s Beach is apparently colder than Risser’s, but it wasn’t. It had really big waves though. We were at the beach with Ethan, and Quinn, Ceilagh, and Evan came later. While we were waiting for them, we stood at the edge of the water and let the tide bury our feet. Then we met Katrin and her sister, who were there to get surfing lessons from their friend. Ethan and Helen and I all went wave jumping, and it was really fun. We got swamped by the waves. And there were big holes in the sand which we kept jumping in. it was cold too. Ethan turned purple, and I was shaking a lot. Then when we were leaving, Helen and Ethan locked me out of the car and drove away without me. Quinn, Ceilagh and Evan were in the other car. They laughed and left also. It was SO FUNNY. HAHAHA. Then they came back and got me and we went to Evan’s house and had a fire. We saw a shooting star! Well, everyone did except for Helen and Quinn, because they were sitting the wrong way. Also there were deer just wandering across the street. As we were leaving, this guy named Thomas showed up and started talking to us, along with this girl who was with them. Melissa I think. I didn’t like them much ¬_¬
Wednesday we went to work again, and Pat was there. We didn’t do much again. Watched some TV, I watched A Night at the Roxbury. Then we went on the boat again to move people around. Wednesday night we went sailing with Rebecca. We saw a seal and some porpoises! Also some seaweed, and some seagulls. It was fun.
Thursday Ceilagh took us into Dartmouth, and we went to H&M for the opening. There were so many people there! They had two lines and they both went a good chunk of the mall away from the actual store. We got cinnamon buns, and then we got lunch, and then we went into the store. We spent TWO HOURS in H&M. Helen had a small adventure paying for her stuff because she forgot to get her card changed from when she was ten. The girl who was helping us was a real bitch to her when her debit card was declined too. After that, we met Ben and his cousin Thomas. They’re cool. We went to Foot Locker and I bought more Converses. They were the ones I was looking for since Toronto! They’re black on top, but they fade to white. (I also bought blue ones in Toronto) Also, I bought an SPC card, and water protector stuff for my shoes, and some cleaning stuff for my shoes too. I ended up spending lots of money. Then we went back to Helen’s house, and we had a dinner party. Rebecca was already there when we showed up, and then Natasha, and Andy, and a different Alex came. Rebecca and Ceilagh left early though. Natasha, Helen and I all went to the store to buy cheese because we didn’t have any :P
Friday, we were supposed to go kayaking in the morning, but there was a change in plans, so we ended up not doing that. I got to the train station right in time, I reserved lunch time for me, then I said goodbye to Helen, and then I went off to the train. The end! Right now I’m on the train, somewhere between Moncton and Quebec, and I’m feeling a little conflicted. I’m a little sad because I’m not going to see Helen for a very long time, if I even DO again… But I am happy because I at least got to see her, and meet Quinn and Rebecca and Ceilagh and Ethan and all sorts of wonderful people. I’m also happy because I ‘m not going to forget this part of the trip anytime soon. I’m excited because I am going to see my other friends on the other side of the continent. I’m also a tiny bit bemused because I miss my friends more than I miss my parents or family. If any of you Family Types are reading this; I miss you guys TOO, just not as much :/
***End of Part 1***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best rental service in Dubai contact for more info.Car Rental jumeirah