Wednesday, September 16, 2009

First Impressions of University

University is nice. All my classes are really easy. In Computer Science, we're learning C, most of the people in my class haven't been exposed to it ever before, but my mom showed me a couple things a while ago. Calculus and Linear Algebra are easy-peasy. I already know the entire syllabus for both of them, i just didn't get the credit because i only challenged the SL exam. :/ Economics is dull. Linguistics is fun though, so it makes it all worth it.
Yesterday i went and saw the movie 9. It was pretty good. I was entertained, to say the least. It was really really short though, about an hour and five minutes. I want to go see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, but i don't think i'll see it friday when it first comes out... Too expensive on "Not Tuesday". (Movies are with free popcorn and half price on tuesdays, so it costs $10 and you get everything) I also really want to see Planet 51, but that's not till thanksgiving. Which is later...
But back to these courses! Yesterday, in Calculus, our prof just didn't show up for half the class. It was ridiculous. Everyone was like "what is this." Then they all left because you know, in university you don't have to stay there if you don't feel like it. We're all adults. Like 20 minutes after class was supposed to start, someone phoned Machray Hall (The math office) and asked where our prof was. They answered "lol i dunno ¯\(ยบ_o)/¯"
At half an hour into the class, two thirds of the people (read: All the ones whose parents paid for uni for them) left. And one of those dumbasses left a stinkbomb in the class somewhere. There was a loud POW! Then there was a horrible horrible smell. Note to the internet: IF YOU ARE AN ADULT GOING TO UNIVERSITY YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SMART AND NOT ACT LIKE A FUCKING 12 YEAR OLD.
THEN he just showed up 40 minutes through the class and was all "Sorry i'm late lol." The end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, university sounds fun...(excluding the stinkbomb) I wish I'm in uni...but I'm still in High School.
How r u, dude? It's been a while since u updated ur blog & I'm glad tat u finally updated ur blog.